If you have never spent whole afternoons with burning ears and rumpled hair, forgetting the world around you over a book, forgetting cold and hunger - If you have never wept bitter tears because a wonderful story has come to an end and you must take your leave of the characters with whom you have shared so many adventures, whom you have loved and admired, for whom you have hoped and feared, and without whose company life seems empty and meaningless - If such things have not been part of your own experience, you probably won't understand what Bastian did next.
- The NeverEnding Story - Michael Ende
- bishonenink is the shared website of authors llamajoy and Tenshi no Korin, and all their related pseudonymns. It is called bishonenink (or bishink) but never bishounenink, for consistency's sake and just because of how we both learned our Romanji.
- The site originally made its debut on Geocities in 1999, featuring fanfic from Yoroiden Samurai Troopers / Ronin Warriors and other 90's anime. Shortly thereafter it was hosted via kekkai.org, and now runs independently.
- Tenshi no Korin (also answering to Tenshi, alorian, and Leah) writes fanfic for fun and novels for money. (And okay, for fun too.) She likes green tea fraps and cosplay, two great things that are absolutely disastrous when combined. She is best approached with caution, or at least with pastries.
- llamajoy (also answering to eider, joie, or joy) writes fanfic via a long process of smelting, forging, tanning, bollocks-whalloping, and many hours of painstaking research. She knows the difference between trochaic octameter and dactylic hexameter, but it hasn't made her a literary snob. That happened ages ago.
- Tenshi & llamajoy met online in 1998 when llamajoy sent Tenshi an anonymous fan email about her Ronin Warriors fanfic, then hosted on Mink's YST page. A whirlwind romance followed, filled with cross-country moves and AOL chats reaching into the wee hours. They got married in 2003 in Kentucky, and then again in Washington D.C. in 2010, only that time it was actually legal. They have many pets named after videogame characters and way too many action figures. They both have respectable day jobs, to the shock and surprise of all who know them.
- What Bastian did next was to steal the book. What we did next was to write all of this. Fourteen years later, it's why we're still doing it. Because without these characters, life seems empty and meaningless. So we're stealing a little more time together with them. If you feel the same, we're happy to have you along.
Bishonenink is a profit-free site created by fans to celebrate stories and characters we love, but that aren't ours. All source material is copyright its original creator. No claim of ownership of source characters or stories is implied or desired. All original content (including original content within the framework of fanfic) is the property of bishonenink and its authors. If you like what you find here, please support the creators of the source franchises by purchasing their work through legitimate channels. You can contact us mutually by writing to us at odessacastle dot org, or reach us individually at tenshi or llamajoy at bishink dot org.